Re: TF Problems of the Week

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TF Problems of the Week
From: Nels Anderson <nels@flightsim.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:44:31 -0400
Your electrical problem sounds similiar to one I had earlier this
summer. In my case the cause was the voltage regulator. Usually when I
started the car the ammeter would show discharge and then something
would connect and it would work normally for the rest of the drive. I
got away with this for a while but it gradually got worse. Replacing the
voltage regulator fixed things right up.

A simple meter would be a big help for diagnosing these problems. $20 at
Radio Shack should get you what you need. You do not, however, want a
digital meter you want the old style analog meter (with an actual meter
movement, not a numeric readout).