Re: Mark II

To: nosimport@mailbag.com
Subject: Re: Mark II
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:16:30 -0500
Peter, David, list,
   Both Peter and David may be talking of the same unit.
   Peter described well the internals of  Andrex unit fitted to the MkII
TDs.
   W.E.Blower  wrote "The Andrex type T.E.I/N Suspension damper which is
fitted as supplementary equipment, to both the front and rear of the Mark
II TD Midget, is in principle a development of the well-known Hartford
friction shock absorber and is totally enclosed."
   Since the principle is Hartford, and Adre is just one letter from
Andrex, I suggest that these are the same unit.
    Units that look like Andrex (probably Hartfords) can be seen on
American vehicles of the 1920-30s.
Bob