fuel monitor - always out

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel monitor - always out
From: "Gunnell, John" <gunnellj@krause.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 07:05:16 -0500
Good Morning

    Weather hasn't been the best for MG'ing in central Wisconsin, but my son
and I did get to the Fox Cities British Car Club spring "wash Up/Tune Up" in
Appleton last Saturday. It was a brisk 120-mile R/T. Good event. 38 cars
including my TD, a much nicer TF, a Nash Healey and a Lotus 7.

    Noticed my fuel monitor light is on all the time this year. It was doing
that when I first got the car 1-1/2 years ago, but then if I tapped the dash it
went out. Last year it never came on at all (and I did run dry one time). This
year it's on all the time. Looking for possible causes and fixes. I'll bet
there's a million. The car was rewired by DPO and as far as I can tell, he did
a nice job.

   Another note, our new Standard Guide to British Sports Cars went to the
printer on Monday and should be out soon. Some of you might be interested.

John Gunnell
Old Cars Weekly
Iola, WI