Re: Tonneau covers

To: MGTD2@aol.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tonneau covers
From: Charlie Baldwin <ewsinc@suscom.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:59:32 -0500
John,
Mine is used quite often and is Stayfast.  It tends to sag under its own
weight when it gets wet which makes the zipper the low point and then it
leaks into the interior.  What I do to avoid that is roll up a towel and
put it between the seat back and the underside of the tonneau which
makes water drain away from the zipper.  I have a vinyl top which has
shrunk over the years to the point that it is very hard to stretch up to
the windshield.  A friend has a vinyl tonneau which has the same problem
and is very hard to snap in cooler weather. With the above taken into
consideration and the fact that it looks much better, my vote would be
for Stayfast.  Of course,  it costs more also.  Another thing to
consider are the relative ease of cleaning vinyl as opposed to
Stayfast.  I take mine to a carpet cleaning company every few years and
they clean it.
I also am not concerned about winning trophies.
Good luck with your decision.
Charlie
York, PA