Next Problem...

To: mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Next Problem...
From: Scott Allen <sallen6363@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 07:24:46 -0500
Hi,

First off I'd like to thank everyone who helped me with my cold starting
problem.  This morning, (high 20's here) the car cranked over on the 2nd
starter pull, so yeah team!

Here's my next problem: I no longer have brake lights, (I do have taillights
otherwise).

The details are these: during my resto I replaced the brake cylinders and
rebuilt the MC.  Of course I bled the system, so the pedal is nice and stiff
and the brakes pull nice and even.  At the time I started the resto you
practically had to stand on the pedal to get brake lights so I replaced the
switch with a new Lucas NOS switch.  I finished in November and had brake
lights until last week.

I checked under the chassis last night and all the wires are secure and
where they're supposed to be.  Over the weekend I figure I'll put a meter on
the switch to confirm what I already know namely that there's no juice
flowing to the rear brake lights.

So here's my question: other than the switch going bad is there something
common that could keep it from operating?  I mean, is it possible for the
switch to be good and not operate properly, and if so where should I look?
Also, is there a way to test the switch off of the car to see if it's good?

Any help appreciated and thanks in advance,

Scott Allen

52 TD
74 1/2 BGT