RE: Interiior Installation

To: "'Bob Mitchell'" <skunk149@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: Interiior Installation
From: Jesús Benajes <jbenajes@mot.upv.es>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:09:08 +0100
Hello,

After trying several padding material, including the white wadding
recommended by Horst Schach in his manual, I am using a black closed-cell
foam sheeting (commercial name here in Spain is Icolen -  maybe
polyethylene) which is sold by the meter in different thicknesses, and it is
often used in floor insulation works. (I will send a picture to you). It is
important that the cells are closed, so that they do not absorb water in the
case they get wet. I will use 5 mm thick sheeting for the wheel arches and 2
mm for other places. The material is very flexible, but very compact and
stable, so that it forms smooth surfaces over the sometimes crooked wheel
arches. I have not yet laid the vinyl over them, but I have made some tests
and I expect that this will produce a more firm surface than by using the
soft white wadding.

Regards.

Jesus

 53 TD