Re: Shifting Technique: Is this Normal?

To: sallen6363@gmail.com, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shifting Technique: Is this Normal?
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:43:07 EST
In a message dated 2/28/2006 10:05:11 AM Pacific Standard Time,
sallen6363@gmail.com writes:

> So I'm wondering what the folks on the list think based on their
> experience?  Is it "normal" to hesitate a moment before dropping it into
> 2nd like I'm told or is it still indicative of a problem and I proceed with
> my plans to pull the transmission next week?

Scott, Every sports car I've owned had its idiosyncries , the TD, the MGA
Coupe, the Porsche 356, the TC, now the
1934 MG NA Fourseater
1937 MG SA Tickford
1938 MG TA Roadster Special
1947 MG TC
1953 MG TD Arnolt coupe
1955 MG TF 1500

And the '84 Alfa Spider.....
They all have their quirks and you have to learn to live with them.  So if
you must hesitate a little before engaging 2nd, then thats the cars
personality!!  ;-)
Terry
ps, better than pulling the tranny!