Re: Shifting Technique: Is this Normal?

To: sallen6363@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Shifting Technique: Is this Normal?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:32:52 -0500
Hi Scott,
  The momentary pause in neutral is normal good practice but the gearbox
popping out of second after a quick shift is not.  Synchro on these
1930-something boxes is primitive, but it works, and its working (or not)
has to do with gear engagement, not staying in gear.
   Are you comfortable with the information you have received from your
gearbox rebuilder?  You might ask John Esposito, Quantum Mechanics,
203-459-9612, for his thoughts.  He had two TD gearboxes in the shop when
I was there a few weeks ago.
Bob