Re: TF spin on oil filter adaptor

To: duvallcom@sbcglobal.net, budkrueger@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: TF spin on oil filter adaptor
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:32:03 EDT
Thanks to all who replied to my question...I think I have it now.  The real
problem here is that the PO did not put any seal at all on the Puralotor filter
that was on the engine when I bought it.  The oil that leaked out during the
time between my pressure test and when I found the leakage had flakes of what
appears to be white paint.  The Puralotor filter is white so I'm presuming
this is from the interior of the filter.  This makes me put Puralotor's down at
the bottom of the list of potential filters.  I happen to have a Fram PH16 here
that I use on my Arnolt MG (Skip Kelsey sez these are only good for about 3K
miles) so I have installed that for now.  After engine break end, I'll be
changing it out for a Wix or NAPA......The adaptor in there is definitely a
Moss
item with a hole in the threaded part for installation.....also there is no
more leakage.
Cheers,
Terry