Re: carb needles

To: sallen6363@gmail.com
Subject: Re: carb needles
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 08:18:37 -0400
Scott,
   An un-centered jet can be worn oval by the movement of the needle, and
the needle can be worn too.    If you did not replace both jet and needle
together, then center the new jet on the new needle,  I suspect that you
don't need to change the    _type_    of needle, but to use new
original-spec equipment.
Bob

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 20:36:40 -0400 "Scott Allen" <sallen6363@gmail.com>
writes:
> OK, here's another one.  It's actually pretty simple...

> Now that we've got that out of the way, the rear carb is the
> problem.

 If you've been following the list I had an un-centered jet problem

and  year ago I had seal problems, and both have been solved.  However,
with the
> adjustment nut all the way up, (0 flats out) it's on the edge of
> being in tune: the plugs burn black with just a hint of brown.  Soooo,
I'm