Re: [Mg-t] MGTD Mark II

To: "KRISLYN COMPANY" <KRISLYNCO.LLC@roadrunner.com>,
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] MGTD Mark II
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 10:22:30 -0700
Rocky,

Bob Howard offered some good suggestions so I won't add much to what he
said, other than to observe that the hesitation is almost certainly because
the mixture is set too lean. However nicely, John Twist rebuilt the carbs,
they still need to be adjusted to suit the needs of your engine. Turning the
jet nuts down makes the mixture richer.

As for the oil leak at the front seal area, I have found a lot of T-types
with oil dripping from the front of the pan - but not as a result of the
seal leaking. One of the two bolts which holds the oil pan to the base of
the timing cover goes into the timing chamber. Oil can run down the threads
of this bolt and find its way out around the lock washer, giving the
appearance of a leaky seal. It's always a good idea to cover the inside end
of the threaded hole with silicone sealer when the cover is off. In your
case, now the engine is together, putting silicone sealer on the threads of
the bolt and around where it and the washer sit against the pan will help
stop the leak - if that's what is causing your problem.

Lawrie