Re: [Mg-t] mg td

To: "Krislyn Co.LLC" <krislynco.llc@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] mg td
From: Dave and Liz DuBois <ddubois@sinclair.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:02:37 -0700
Rocky,

> right front brake "grabs" first,  making stopping an issue of course cause
>the steering wheel pulls....just and adjustment??
Are you sure that it is the right front that is grabbing or could it be
the right rear that is grabbing or the left front or rear that is not
activating?  Take the car on a gravel road (or driveway), get the car up
to about 10 MPH and stand on the brakes so that all working shoes lock
up.  Get out and look at the skid marks, see what is locking up first or
last that will tell you where work is necessary.  I doubt that the
problem is adjustment unless one wheel has the adjuster cranked all the
way out.  The usual cause of the problem you described is a sticky wheel
cylinder that doesn't press the shoes out into contact or a wheel
cylinder that has dripped brake fluid onto the brake linings.

Cheers,
Dave