Re: [Mg-t] Vinyl tonneau covers

To: <johnsfolly@gmail.com>,"Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Mg-t] Vinyl tonneau covers
From: "Eugene D Abbondelo" <eabb@loc.gov>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 14:02:42 -0400
About 5 years ago I had a tonneau made for my Singer Roadster out of a fabric
called Hartz cloth and I'm very happy with it.  Seems to be lasting pretty
well.  My only problem is that the zipper down the middle is placed very close
to the steering wheel such that my knuckles rub against it when I use the
tonneau in 3/4 position.

Gene

>>> Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com> 4/28/2008 12:32 PM >>>
John,
   I used a Moss vinyl full tonneau for about 20 years until it got very
brittle and split at the corners. Had cloth weave pattern moulded in, but
did have some shine.  I worked well. Something good about the full
tonneau is that it reduces wind blast in the cockpit, a nice improvement
in comfort on frosty mornings.
   The vinyl tonneau was replaced by a fabric one.  It does look nicer,
as there is no shine, but it spots whenever a tree drips or bird drops,
unlike the vinyl. Also seems to stretch more after driving a few minutes.
Fits fine, just flops more.
   You might ask for a sample of the vinyl they now use.
Bob