[Mg-t] #2 - Timing chain

To: shop@justbrits.com, mgs@autox.team.net, mg-t@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mg-t] #2 - Timing chain
From: PopeyMike@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 01:48:14 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: PopeyMike
Gentlemen:

The response was so great last time that I am back for more help.

Note the shinny surfaces on the edges of the chain it is wear - is this
excessive?

Note the position of the tensioner - does this indicate a stretched  chain?

It appears that maybe the chain is stretched when comparing it to pictures
in the books.

Looked at the buggered head of the bolt holding the sprocket on the  cam.
Previous mechanic was

Where necessary I replace bolts - except for head bolts is it correct to
assume that all the other bolts are standard no special grade  designation .??

Michael Balahutrak
53 TD

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive