Buick bell housing, misc ramblings

To: V8 list <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Buick bell housing, misc ramblings
From: Jim Stuart <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 22:14:30 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
About Larry's bell housing...

Transdap makes a full circle bell housing for the 215. I have one in my
parts bin, set up for a Mcleod hydraulic throw out bearing if you need a
pattern. I would swap it for a Buick at a later date or some such
arrangement, but I do not really want to sell it.

Would you be interested in a 3 speed Buick bell housing? Some tig
welding would be required as the tranny bolts are different. I may be
able to get my hands on one of these.

I also have an automatic out of a 1980 Rover 3500 if anyone is
interested. It bolts up to either the Rover or Buick engine. Trans was
fine when removed 2 years ago. What do you think, Larry, none of that
hateful gear shifting, no more bell housing worries?

By the way, spent some time at 70 mph today, 2250 rpms, very nice. For
24" tire diameter, the T-5 works very well with 3.50 rear.

Jim Stuart

2 V8's, no sense or dollars

still looking for a 4.6.....