Bell housing

To: MGB-V8@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Bell housing
From: mgbv8@juno.com (Larry A Hoy)
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 09:55:11 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Well, I found one.  Persistence pays.

I have made dozens of phone calls all over the U.S.  to no avail, until
today.

I had located a bell housing that was not for sale, at least to me, hmm.
Dan LaGrou of D&D Fabrications had a bell housing, but had promised it to
a customer who had not paid him.  Dan must be a "stand up guy" because he
felt obligated to wait for this "customer" to come up with the money.
But everyone, even Dan, has his limits!  It seems that the "customer"
hasn't,  and apparently still can't, come up with the money.   So after
one more call Dan decided to sell the bell housing to me.  He is shipping
it today.  Hurray.

Kurt Beidler (on this list) had given me a name and number too, I checked
that out and found another bell housing!  A bit more expensive and the
seller didn't have the inspection cover for it (Thanks Kurt). So if
anyone is interested in that bell housing just let me know and I will
give you the information.

About those ideas; saw this, weld that, drill, cut, bend, fabricate, even
one suggestion that included the phrase  "stop laughing" (sorry Jack)

Somewhere in those messages I think there is probably a good alternative
to the Buick bell housing.  I bet if we put our collective heads together
we should be able to come up with a reasonable option.  (what is a
collective head?)

After having gone through this exercise I have the feeling that there is
a fairly large demand for that particular bell housing.

I want to thank everyone for all your help.  I can see that this list
will be a good resource for all of us.  I am just waiting for my
opportunity to be able to help one of you.

Larry Hoy, Denver, CO USA  (bought a Buick bell housing!)
1969 MGB Roadster (one half of a V8)
1987 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas
It's not how fast you go, it's how fast you go fast.