Re: V8 Convention 2002

To: "Timothy Duhamel" <tduhamel@scprototech.com>, "MGB V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: V8 Convention 2002
From: "Larry" <larry@larryembrey.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:06:05 -0800
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Heh 1000+ mile jaunts non stop are not the problem, it is doing them before
you fall asleep, which requires that there be no officer friendly's in your
path so you can "make good time"..

I would VERY much like to get a convension out this side of the country.  I
am not able timewise to set it up but would be very interested in helping
out if anyone wants to set one up around here.  It seem that they have all
been back east..  I know of 2 complete and 4 in process V8's just in a
50mile radius of me in Seattle, plus a couple more complete ones about an 2
hour drive away..  Not to mention the ones in BC and OR that I have heard
about.  We have a track (Seattle International Raceway) which is a drag
strip and small circuit course all in one.  It is about a 20min drive from
the hotels that are all around Seattle International airport, so those not
driving have lodging etc very close...  The airport area has numerous
meeting places and sites we could have cars displayed.  Weather wise, best
bet would be June-Aug, so no snow problems for you folks in the NE...  I am
willing to bet somepeople in our large MG club would be willing to help as
well.