Re: Body Moulding

To: James Nazarian Jr <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Body Moulding
From: Larry Dickstein <bugide@solve.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 19:15:00 -0500
Cc: mgb-v8 list <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
James Nazarian Jr wrote:

> List,
>
> I am shaving the chrome trim off of the side of the body, and I am wondering
>if anyone has a suggestion about what to use to close all of the holes that
>used to have snaps welded into them.  I have considered welding, but I think
>that may introduce more problems then it solves.  I have also considered
>epoxying them closed, but I'm not sure that it would hold well without
>prepping the backs of the holes.  Before I start to clean and prep the back of
>each hole so that I can close them off, I am wondering if anyone has done
>this, and can tell me what was successful.  TIA
>
> --

I considered doing this as well but decided that the look was not right.  Had
the panels been smooth from top to bottom w/out the step, it would have looked
better.

If you are half proficient w/ a wire welder, that is really the easiest and
strongest solution for the holes.

--
Larry Dickstein
Lone Jack, MO