Ford 8" narrowing and brake options (Update)

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Ford 8" narrowing and brake options (Update)
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:40:41 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
After more research and replies, i've found that the correct width is 51".
I guess my brain is still running on 4 cylinders :)

As far as the 240 brakes.  Best I can tell the, 85-88 200SX GL, 89-94 240SX
and 95+ 4cyln, 93+  Altima and the 90-92 Stanza all use the 4x114.3 (4.5")
bolt pattern.  The picture i've seen of a 240SX rear rotor showed it
slipping onto the wheel studs, just like drums do, and they only cost around
$30 ea from the part stores.  They look to be similar in diameter and
thickness as the stock MG front rotors.  I'm going to the parts stores
tomorrow to see if they have enough offset for my needs.  Keep your fingers
crossed.  I'll post back when I have more info.

Mike