RE: Spongy brakes on race track

To: "Frank van Dalen" <frank.vandalen@fae.storkgroup.com>, "mgb-v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Spongy brakes on race track
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2001 23:50:06 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Frank-

I have never experienced this in over 300,000 miles with block huggers,
including laps at speed at Summit Point Raceway, a road course that demands
the best in brakes. I did use Ferado pads at the track.

Header wrap works to reduce heat, but can be damaging to the headers, both
from collecting moisture, & increasing the temperature at stress & weld
points.

If you want to insulate the brake lines, both insulating tape & tubing are
available.

I would take some time to bleed the brakes again. It may be that there is a
bit of air & harder braking makes it show up.

Jim Stuart