Re: slightly off topic - Midget

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: slightly off topic - Midget
From: "David Waldmann" <david@vermonthardwoods.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 20:32:42 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Well a 215 is a bit different than a "Chevy V8" (I'm assuming a standard
small block). If the 215 turns out to be as major an undertaking as a 350
I'll revise my plans.

I'd like to approximately double or a little more my HP with a reliable
(read: mild/torquey) powerplant. I have considered the Mazda rotary. I've
always liked the idea of the rotary engine. However it doesn't really seem
to me to feel right for this type of car. It seems too high-tech, like an
electric powerplant. It may have lots of HP and torque, but there is more
than specs to an engine. For an MG it should have a soul. There's nothing
like the sound of a V8, even when you're getting blown off by a
turbo-intercooled-tuned-to-the-max-race-ready 4.

All that being said I may still consider the Mazda, though to get in the
125 - 175 HP range I would need to get a late model/turbo variety. I also
would prefer simplicity.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback thus far.

David Waldmann
Chester, VT - USoA