cracked headers

To: "BV-8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: cracked headers
From: "HMF" <hmfinc@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:30:12 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Group,
For what it is worth, there is an artical in a stock car magazine about
building headers and they address a common cracking of headers close to the
flange. They were able to correct this durring construction by extending the
tube through the flange and steel welding the end of the pipe to the flange on
the inside and then brazing the pipe to the flange on the outside. They
contended that this helped with stress and vibration cracks common with
headers. I know that is not much help with a purchased set of headers but
could help if you have a set made or make your own. I have made my own this
way and as soon as I run it a while i will post the results.

HMF
http://www.mg-tri-jag.net