Re: V8 rubber engine mounts ... again

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: V8 rubber engine mounts ... again
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 11:45:01 -0000
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Low.  It's the only way you'll be able to get them into the (standard)
chassis slots anyway.  Even then I find I have to twist the engine to get
one in, then twist it the other way to do the other.  I then make sure they
are positioned evenly both sides, use a drift to tap the end-plate that
rests on the chassis down a bit to remove some of the shear stresses, and
add the approrpriate shims.