Re: Lower radiator hose rub issue.

To: "Jim Miller" <v8mgb@yahoo.com>, "MGBV8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lower radiator hose rub issue.
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:11:48 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Something similar happens on the factory V8.  The hose curves forwards to
clear the pump fitting behind it, then backwards to clear the anti-roll bar
in front.  But with some hoses even when the hose is pushed right onto the
rad outlet it is still touching the pump fitting (I have heard of other
hoses where the opposite is true, but lengthening the hose is a little more
difficult).  However there is about 1/2" clearance to the anti-roll bar so I
chopped nearly 1/2" off the end of the hose and positioned it so I have
about 1/4" clearance to both the pump fitting and the bar.  I also had a
hose cut through by the fan belt, and in this case I fabricated a guard, see
http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/wn_coolingframe.htm and click on 'V8 Bottom Hose
Guard'.