Points

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Points
From: "Bruce" <brucemills@dccnet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 22:14:25 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Thanks to all who responded with some great ideas re my dilemma with the
exorbitant cost of Rover 3.5 points in Canada.

Glenn
>I have used the Buick 215 dizzy in all my conv. Works well & parts are
>everywhere & I get much better power from the Buick. You might have to put
>the rover drive on the Buick dizzy, all that holds it is a roll pin.
Good idea. I will put it on my list of parts to source from our one and only
wrecker. But they don't get many 215. If any at all. Is there any other type
of readily available distributors which would fit?

David
>what happened to your Pertronics Igniter?
>We can get points, etc from NAPA.
David I will answer your question by direct e-mail..
The small town I live in doesn't have a NAPA. We have one sort of, decent
auto parts store who (almost) unless I can provide make, model and part
number they are unable to help. Almost make you wonder what they do, doesn't
it?

Paul
>May I suggest anywhere in the UK?  A typical price i.e. here
>http://www.99web.co.uk/jwautojumble_t/page2.htm#conta is #3 or less than 7
>Canadian.
Excellent idea. And I will contact them shortly and get a couple of sets.
Wonder if the place that wants 64.00cdn would be willing to pay me 30.00cdn
to supply them (LOL)!

Jeff
>Bruce, I have a new set setting on my workbench at the house that cost
>$12.00 US that I will sell to you for that plus shipping if that will help
<you out. Jeff
Thanks for your kind offer. Where in the US did you get them? See above
message to Paul. Also I have my replacement Pertronics arriving next week
and with the old, old set of points from my friends abandoned Rover 3.5 I
should make it until then. I have set the points at 15 thou and the timing
at 10 degree's BTDC and the car is running pretty good, although a little
hesitant at lower RPM. Mid to upper RPM she moves. It is amazing that after
all the trials and tribulations I had this year,  that after a couple of
good top down drives, and all is forgotten. Well, sort off.

Thanks Everyone

Bruce

---