Re: Corrosion Control

To: m1garand@speakeasy.net
Subject: Re: Corrosion Control
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 11:49:34 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
ps. A little bit of trivia: Saying U.S. after the $ sign is a little
redundant from a historical viewpoint. The original sign for the U.S.
dollars was a U stamped over an S. This morphed into the S with the two
vertical lines through it (think of 1920's era publications). Then, being
the lazy bastards we are, this became the S with a single vertical line
through it that we all know today $. We have the distinct honor of being the
only nation who's initials are (were) the sign of our money. Then again
our founding fathers were all business men.

Ahh....we use the $ sign up here in the Great White North as well so sometimes a "US or CDN" is required. Interesting bit o' trivia, though!

Cheers
Simon