Re: Corrosion Control

To: <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Corrosion Control
From: "JJJ" <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 15:36:00 -0400 (Eastern Standard Time)
Cc: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Simon,

Absolutely, as do the Aussies, and a few other nations.  I was just having a
chuckle with the irony of putting US after $ which originally was US.  This
list is one of the only places where I have to specify what color of money I
m talking about.  If you ever travel to Key West, there is a house there
that was once called "The little White House".  I can't remember what US
president resided there (before Camp David) on vacations, but on the gates
they have what at first appeared to be giant dollar signs, but upon closer
inspection, I realized that it was in fact a U upon an S.  I had read the
trivia bit a few years earlier, but the significance of it never really sank
in until I saw those gates.

I just ordered my Sebring flares (the place in Florida makes just flares,
not the whole panel).  In the front, I am going to graft them to new
fiberglass fenders to avoid any cracks in the paint from thermal cycling
between materials with two different thermal properties.  In the back, I'm
going to do it like your mechanic did.  One pro bodyman I talked to
suggested using flexible epoxy, flexible putty, and adding flex additive to
the primer/paint/clear paints.  He uses this method all the time when
bonding glass hood scoops to metal hoods, and he doesn't have any real
problems.  Any idea what epoxy your bodyman used?

Peace,
James J.

Ahh....we use the $ sign up here in the Great White North as well so
sometimes a "US or CDN" is required. Interesting bit o' trivia, though!

Cheers
Simon