HTO leakage

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: HTO leakage
From: MGV8VT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 09:50:52 EDT
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
        I only just installed a T5 in my car last week, after having an
automatic for 7 years. I never followed the posts and discussions on clutch
related
issues, maybe this is a good thing in the end, otherwise I might have gone
with an internal HTO brg. This might have already been addressed but I mounted
one external, bolted on the side of the box on 2 existing machined bosses. I
basically followed what Gil Price did with his Ford, only difference being I
used a small integral reservoir Girling master that fits in the car like it was
made for it. The hole in the pedal box where the master bolts in is slightly
smaller than the od on the master so I just made a plate to space it back
enough
so this does not interfere. I used a 3/4" master and a 3/4" slave initially
and did not enough travel. I switched to a 5/8" slave, now I have plenty of
travel, too much pedal effort. I have a .700" master coming that should be
about
right. Now if ever I have a problem with the slave it's a 5 minute removal
job. I know a spare of each will be in the trunk for trips.
        Dale Spooner