Hydraulic throughout bearing.

To: "Deikis, John" <John.Deikis@med.va.gov>
Subject: Hydraulic throughout bearing.
From: "T. S. White" <tswrace@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 07:09:27 -0700
Cc: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I just want to pass on an installation note for the Howe HTOB.  I have
just finished installing my clutch for the forth time trying to
elliminate slipping.  Each time when I installed the HTOB I relied on
the measurements and calculations to determine the number of spacers
behind the HTOB.  This time I took a final measurement of the distance
from the bearing surface to the face of the transmission with the
spacers installed.  I found that I still had 1/8" too much height in the
assembly.  This accounts for some of the slippage I have experienced.
The rest of the slippage was due to too much horsepaower for the clutch
I had.

Anyone interested in buying a Centerforce II 10" clutch for a 302 with
700 miles on it?
--
        Best Regards,
        Tom