trans. switches

To: "mgb-v8@autox.team.net" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: trans. switches
From: "." <packrat3@visi.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 10:02:27 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
am working on switching transmissions in my B.

i have a 1973 trans. with overdrive.  trying to identify the electrical
switches on it.

if standing behind the trans. facing forward, there are two identical
switches on the top front of the housing.  i know one is the reverse
light switch and the other possibly the lockout for 4th gear.  which is
which.
there is another switch further back on the housing on the top right
side.  not sure what this one is.
there is a single wire coming from the underside of the overdrive unit
which i assume is the switch for the overdrive.
i am sure the lockout and overdrive switch need to be hooked up in line
so i need to know the sequence.
can't seem to figure out these from my reference material.
any help would be appreciated.  thanks