Re: GM 4 bbl intakes

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GM 4 bbl intakes
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 18:28:22 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
7/9/04  OOps!!  Forgot to delete the tailings, so here it comes again.  Dave K.

7/8/04

Larry and the lists,

        I had always assumed that all BOP 4-barrel intake manifolds were
the same--obviousoly not so!!  I checked the 3 I have already removed from
engines:

        1) Casting number 1349520 / diameters are about as you specified.

        2) Casting number 581830X / diameters are about as you specified.

        3) No casting numbers or other marks / diameters about same as 581830X.

        4) 2 more still on engines with carburetors mounted and in cars, 1
'61 Olds F-85 and 1 '62 Olds F-85 / Both are number 581830X / Of course
cannot see bore size but no reason to suspect any different from others of
same casting number.

        5) My original 1964 Oldsmobile factory parts book shows part number
581830 is for 1961 and 1962 4-barrel carb F-85 / 1963 4-barrel carb calls
for part number 381575 (bore diameters unknown).

        6) My conclusion is that 1349520 is probably Buick version, though
don't know what year application.

Hope this doesn't muddy the waters too much.

Cheers,
David Kernberger