RE: Carbs

To: list@marketvalue.net, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Carbs
From: "Simon Austin" <simon_mgb@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 09:08:20 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Larry,

Don't know if you still need any info on carbs but the formula to determine CFM requirements is:

(CID/2) x (RPM/1728) = CFM

The RPM is the peak RPM the engine will "see".

I'm planning on using the Edelbrock 500 on my 3.5 Rover so will see how it works.

Cheers
Simon

Let's suppose someone did some boring and stroking on a Rover 4.6 and ended
up with about a 5.0L engine.  Mild street cam, modest compression ratio.

Do any of you have an idea as to what carburetor cfm would be appropriate
for an engine like this?  I was thinking in terms of a Edelbrock 500.

What do you think?

Larry Hoy