RV8 style exhausts

To: v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RV8 style exhausts
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 23:39:03 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
All,
I'm starting to prepare my empty engine bay to take the Rover 4.9 engine, which is getting ported at the shop. Is there any reliable way to mark and cut out the required openings in the inner wings to let the RV8-style headers pass through without having either the engine or headers in my posession? Any templates out there? I don't want to (read: can't afford to) buy headers right now, but I still want to get the engine bay prepared.
Also, do I need to reinforce the circumference of the openings like they did at the factory, or is that overkill?

Thanks,
James J.

///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.