Block Paint Question

To: "MGB V8 List" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Block Paint Question
From: "Wayne Kube" <wkube@augustmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 07:12:50 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Looking for thoughts on painting the aluminum block & heads on the BOPR V8.

I haven't decided whether to leave the block natural aluminum, or to prep and
paint.  Anyone out there done this?  If so, what primer did you use?  I recall
using Zinc Chromate primer on aluminum years ago when I was in the USAF, but
seem to remember hearing that it was banned by the health police.  I guess
there should be something available that the aircraft industry would use,
though.

Thoughts on powder coating vs. painting?

Thanks!

Wayne Kube
Plano, TX