RE: 3 MGB interior questions

To: <CraigFaubel@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 3 MGB interior questions
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:50:45 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
Craig:

Apologies, for not getting a reply from Moss, your e-mail got sent over
to me, and I'm buried with updating the catalogs, and didn't have a
quick answer to your questions.

Hopefully someone on the list may have quicker reaction time.

1.  I think that the cups fit into the holes on the door, and the clips
then push into the cups.  I'm a bit confused, as I've not seen the cups
in the doors.  I'm used to the plastic clips just popping into the
holes.

2.  I tried installing the later illuminated knobs on my 1970 MGB and
found that I couldn't do it.  The lever mechanism was different between
the two types.  This was over 20 years ago and the 71 knob is different
than the 70, so hopefully someone else has a better answer.

3.  I think heater control to the right, heater/defrost to the left.
But I'm guessing, it's been a while since I noticed as the panting of
hamsters on the ankle hardly makes it worthwhile twiddling the knobs.

Kelvin.

1) I have a 71 B roadster that I'm reassembling.  I made new interior
panels
that I'm ready to recover, and the door ones fastened with 13 blue
plastic
cllips.  I found them in the Moss catalog (226-670) and I'm about  to
order
when I notice they also have CUPS (226-675) in the same qty and
apparently for
the same car since ther is no car nbr mentioned.  I didn't  take the car
apart,
and I don't have anything that looks like the cups in my  mess of boxes
of
parts.  What are they?  What do they do?  I  tried emailing Moss but
they're not
very quick about replying and I'm losing  summer fast!!
2) For the same car - will new style colored heater knobs fit my old
heater
controls?  Mine have white painted letters and I need to replace
anyway.
3) Also - which control goes where on the two places on either side of
the
steering column?