BMC gathering in California

To: mgb-v8 <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BMC gathering in California
From: match@ece.utah.edu
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:43:36 -0600
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
I just got back into town from the "British Modified Cars" meet in Camarillo.

All-in-all, it was a very successful meet, considering that this is the first
for this particular
group.

Met some great friends... Bill Guzman had two 'BGT-V6's, one GM and one Ford.
Robert Miller showed an OUTSTANDING 'BGT-V8 with a 294 Cu In Rover/Buick. I
picked up a few tips from him. Most radical was an MGA with a Jaguar V12!
Sorry, don't
remember that fellows name, but it was a very cool car. A couple of MG-TDs, one
Triumph, another MGA (Ford V8 powered)...

Kelvin Dodd brought a supercharged 'B, that was way cool. This is a kit that
they are
working on at Moss. Roots-type blower on a custom manifold with integral
blow-off
valve for the 1800. This was one of their development cars that they rushed
into running
condition for the show. The blower was fed by a Mikuni carb.

Thanks to Bill & friends for organizing this event. It was worth the 800 mile
drive from
Salt Lake City to attend...

Next year, I hope to bring my 'B-V8 roadster... If we can still buy gasoline
without taking
out a second mortgage on my house...

Marvin