Re: Broken Motor Mount

To: <Rick1huber@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Broken Motor Mount
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:58:08 +0100
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
BT, DT - twice!  Are you using V8 mounts?  They are different to the
4-cylinder ones - look the same except for a red blob (I think) on them.
The first set I changed looked very old, the 2nd time the same mount (also
the LH side) broke within a year or so.  The current ones have been in for a
few years now.  Quite a lot of discussion about steady bars in the UK,
favourites seem to be from a Rover P5 or P6, or a Mini, either at the front
of the left-hand bank down to the chassis rail or across to the inner wing,
or on the rear of the left-hand bank across to the firewall.

PaulH.