Re: 3.9 pistons - possible Ford candidates

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3.9 pistons - possible Ford candidates
From: Alan Morris <klatka@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:55:42 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm currently using the silvolite 1120 +.020 in my stroker with the standard
length rods, wth the 1.500 compression height, a composite head gasket, and the
small chamber heads compression ratio will be almost 10:1.  Some of the other
pistons listed are for Austrailian or German Ford motors, in December these
were not available.
        I received my pistons from Union Machine Co. out of Carson City Nv.
They had a difficult time getting all eight of my pistons to me at the same
time.  (The person in the warehouse was having a hard time understanding why I
wanted 8 pistons for a 6 cylinder motor.)  First attempt one piston was sent,
Second attempt six were sent, one had a frozen wrist pin.  After the second
attempt I talked to manager and explained what I wanted, and to make things
right he sent me a balanced set of pistons and paid for all shipping costs.

                                                            Alan