Re: 3.9 pistons - possible Ford candidates

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3.9 pistons - possible Ford candidates
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 17:45:46 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
>From Alan:

<<Let me look at the information I collected before ording my pistons.  I
believe that the compression height is the wrist pin to piston top height.
The 1120 piston is dished, and has the lowest compression height of the for
pistons listed.>>

Alan,

You are correct. Brain fade on my part.

That info was listed on the site that I had linked. Seems that the
compression height is the bugaboo. Looks like it would take a 6.0 " rod to
make up the difference with a stock stroke 3.9.

I guess if it was that easy to find a decent piston Dan & Glenn would have
found it a long time ago. I really like the 3.9 for the MGB. It's a dang
shame that there isn't something available, short of a custom forging, for
this engine!

Carl