RE: Off topic - computer question

To: "'Barrie Robinson'" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Off topic - computer question
From: "Michael Hartwig" <mhartwig@midsouth.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:38:20 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Do you absolutely need color?  If not, go for a laser printer.  Cost per
page should be less than 8c.  Toner for my Lexmark is $60 and last around
2000 pages.  I think I paid around $9 for a toner refill, so that works out
to half a penny per page.

Mike

I am getting increasingly annoyed by my HP 1500 colour printer.  It
consumes those incredibly small cartridges at a prodigious rate and I
do not print all that much.  Can anyone recommend a printer that
works and is cheap on ink?     Incidentally, I found the HP scanner
which is part of the1500,a pig and have re-installed my Epson which,
although has its logic problems, is easier to use.

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060