RE: AC 'Midget'?

To: "Richard Morris" <richard.morris@cox.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: AC 'Midget'?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 10:40:56 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Richard:

Don't ever believe that you can get an impression about a person from
what you see on television. Television and pretty much most other media
is very inaccurate and are intended to entertain rather than portray the
truth.

Jay Leno has been a car nut for a very, very long time. I first met him
just after I moved to California in 1992 when he showed up at our local
Ventura car show. At the time he was getting to be a successful stand up
comedian and did much of his own mechanical work.

When manning the sales phones at Moss, I took quite a few orders from
him when he was working on his MGs or Triumphs.

Now he is a big name, but he still took time out of his schedule to
swing by a small car club get together in down town Burbank a couple of
months ago, twice.

After watching him the other day helping get a classic started up in the
Gooding auction tent at Pebble Beach, I'd suggest that the man very much
deserves the title of REAL CAR GUY, with emphasis on the REAL.

This is not to mention the very public stand he took on creating the
rolling 30 year smog exemption a number of years ago and the work he did
to try to prevent the Goverator from repealing it.

This from a very non-starry eyed appreciator of the man. I don't watch
television, either the Discovery channel or the Tonight Show. Personally
I'm a bit disappointed that he is so famous, because I'd love to get a
chance to sit down and chat cars without a whole gaggle of hand-shakers
around.

Kelvin Dodd
Ojai, CA