Re: Radiator recommendation?

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator recommendation?
From: "Bruce" <bcmills@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:11:19 -0700
Hi

Here is a picture of the rad I used.
http://www2.partstrain.com/products/Engine/Climate_Control/Radiator/1967~FORD~FALCON~8~4-dot-7.html?index=4

It is for a Ford Falcon. If you are interested I could dig out the receipt
and supply you with part numbers etc.
I had to weld wider flange's on the side of the radiator to suite the MGB
radiator support shroud.

I used a 3000CFM fan behind the rad (puller). Behind the ST Air dam I
fabricated ductwork to force the air through the  lower radiator.
This still did not totally alleviate my cooling issues. It wasn't until I
installed louvers high up on the inner fenders that my problem were total
solved http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BruceMills.htm Last year I had to sit at
the border crossing in 90+ degree temperatures for over an hour with the
engine idling./ The temperature got up to about 1/2 way between N and H

Hope it helps

Bruce