Re: [Mgb-v8] [Mgs] Miata rear end

To: edd.rogers@gm.com, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgb-v8] [Mgs] Miata rear end
From: "James J." <m1garandusa@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:36:54 -0500
Edd,
    What does that mean?  That one has to de-rate the drivetrain's max
safe torque rating by 40% when calculating if it is strong enough for
the MG, or are you describing some kind of clutch mechanism in the input
of the rear differential that decouples/unlocks above a certain torque?
    If it's the former, we would also have to take in account the MG's
light weight vs. a Rendezvous (~2500lbs vs. ~5000(?)).
T-5 transmissions are typically rated at a much lower torque than they
can actually handle in a British car.
    Does anyone know if it shares internals with another common design?
V/R
James.