Re: MGs in the press

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGs in the press
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 1995 18:55:14 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 8 Mar 1995, Todd Mullins wrote:

> John M. Trindle writes:
> > What about getting solid plates instead of tacking the valves closed?
>
> This would work, too, if you're chronically prone to using your wallet
> instead of your wits (oops, now I've gone and done it).

Yes you have!

Remember that "wits" are in the eye of the beholder... what may be a
brilliant, economical solution to one owner may be a "d-d PO bodge" to
the next.

I have several aspects of my car where I wish the PPO had left it alone
or done it right.  Most involve the electrical system (when the in-line
fuse for the hazard lights burned out he ran an additional + line and
used the turn signal flasher... Needless to say neither turn signals nor
hazards worked properly.  For the want of a fuse!)... but some involve
body sheetmetal and structural parts.

It's off-topic or I'd tell you about the 5 horned Spitfire...

I'm hardly a purist but I'm trying to resist baling wire and duct tape.

(The above is a firmly held opinion and not meant to be a flame.  In this
case solid plates may be a whole lot more expensive than the labor
involved in removing the buttons.  And suitable plates may not be
available from otherwise junky carbs at a swap meet.)

John M. Trindle     | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB E Stock     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Remember, no matter where you go.... there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai"