Suspension Balancing '73 MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Suspension Balancing '73 MGB
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 1995 09:36:56 -0500 (EST)
Well, I took my B out to the first autocross since the engine rebuild...
whooo!

My main problem was during right sweepers, my engine would rev up and I'd
lose accelleration.  Observers said that I was lifting my inside wheel in
turns both ways... but I think the right rear wheel is the drive wheel,
and that's why I didn't have trouble in left turns.

Anyway, I have GT springs rear, and somewhat tired stock springs front.
I still have the stock front sway bar.

How do I balance the roll front and back, so I don't get wheel lift?

1) New stock front springs (no new roll bar)
2) Bigger front roll bar (what size?)
3) Rear bar and even bigger front bar (what size?)
4) Uprated front springs and some combination of the above.

I do drive this on the street on a regular basis.  The car has a
noticable sag to the left, fresh (rebuilt) front lever shocks, and old
rear lever shocks.

It bugs me that I have power now I can't get to the track <g>.  I do plan
on running on stickier rubber this year, and want to make the most of it.

Yes, I am moving to Street Prepared class.

Thanks!

John M. Trindle     | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB ES (CSP?)   | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Scott's Second Law:
   When an error has been detected and corrected,
   it will be found to have been correct in the first place."