re: Cowl Vent Trim

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: Cowl Vent Trim
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 1995 12:09:00 -0500 (EST)
       I removed my cowl vent trim by: a). removing the center windshield
       wiper, b). prying it out with a screwdriver, blade swaddled in cloth
       to prevent scratches. I got the clips out with a magnetic parts
       retriever. Frankly, I didn't bother with them upon installation, makes
       it easier to clean out that blasted drain, besides, it can't come out
       with the center wiper on, anyway.

       Speaking of that blasted drain, a previous poster mentioned that one
       should cut the end off this rubber, "cowl condom", to let it drain
       better. Should this be done? Other cars had a similar slit at the end,
       so maybe this isn't so. As mine clogs when you look at it the wrong
       way. How do you remove these, anyway? Just pull it off from below?

       Thank you too many.

       Colin             WA1KWA

       bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

       74 MGB