black plate?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: black plate?
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 1995 09:58:28 +0500
Fellow fiends:

Only indirect lbc content here but... I was paging through Hemmings last
night (as I am wont to do) scanning for fantastic bargains in assorted Brit
marques (didn't find much).  I kept seeing reference to "California black
plate."  What does that mean?  I recall that the license plates in CA were
yellow on black about fifteen or more years ago.  Is this related?  In a few
cases these cars were for sale outside of California.  (?)

Ideas?

Have a good weekend!

Will "its been raining here for 39 days" Zehring