RFD: rec.autos.mg

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RFD: rec.autos.mg
From: F.vanDalen@LR.TUDelft.NL (Dalen)
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 95 17:08:31 +0200

>                     REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
>
> unmoderated group  rec.autos.mg  (World Distribution)
>
> The request for discussion proposes the creation of rec.autos.mg
>
> rec.autos.mg  MG - The Classic British Sports Car

I'd like to offer the following. My '69 MGB is my first and only car (I ride a
bike into work) and I had no previous experience in any maintenance/repair
work on cars when I bought it. I have found the messages appearing on the net
extremely helpful when it came to adjusting my carburettors etc., but as I live
in the Netherlands I don't have much use for any addresses for MG spares in
Palo
Alto, California. I think we can break down the content of most messages as
follows:

-       Technical

-       Business (MG for sale, where do I buy certain parts)

-       Prose and poetry (what is it like to drive under the stars
        with the top down).

I would expect that everyone who does his own maintenance is interested in the
technical stuff. Addresses for parts or cars for sale are only of interest
to those who happen to be in the area (read CONTINENT - don't forget that
Internet is a worldwide service). Quite a few people have indicated they don't
have time to go through the prose and poetry section - that includes me, even
though I work at a university. I would personally like to see the mailing list
split into these sections, but if that is not possible I'd prefer to see only
the technical stuff in the digest. I hope no one is offended by this preference,
but lately it seems the amount of mail is growing at a frightening pace.

Best wishes to you all,

Frank van Dalen
Delft University
HOLLAND