RFD: rec.autos.mg

To: SOL <british-cars@autox.team.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RFD: rec.autos.mg
From: "Robert Forster Esq." <u01rtdf@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 1995 20:09:40 +0100 (BST)
I believe that there is a place for a specific MG newsgroup after several
requests/questions.

                      REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)

unmoderated group  rec.autos.mg  (World Distribution)

The request for discussion proposes the creation of rec.autos.mg

rec.autos.mg  MG - The Classic British Sports Car

        MG owners are surfacing on the net and this is shown in the
increased number of MG owners using the british-cars and MG mailing lists.
However, there are those who can not afford to have an abundant supply of
Email arriving and leaving from their account, and hence the proposal of
this newsgroup.  We are also seeing an increased number of MG Clubs and
British Car clubs who encourage MG owners on the World Wide Web with
their own "Homepages" and their are those, like myself, who have
undertaken the task of providing MG pages on the Web.  For those who wish
to look the URLs are:

http://www.eng.abdn.ac.uk/~u01rtdf/MG/mg.html
http://www.cms.dmu.ac.uk/~c2dh/mg.html
http://www.IslandNet.com:80/~baker/
http://www.team.net/sol/index.html
http://www.wingham.com/~dubist/car.html

With the proposed newsgroup it would be a lot easier to read requests for
maintenance/restoration help and for those searching other owners of the
more unfamiliar models et cetera.

This message has been posted to:
        rec.autos.driving
        rec.autos.antique
        rec.autos.tech
        rec.autos.misc
        news.groups
        news.announce.group

and British Car list british-cars@autox.team.net

After a discussion period of no less than 4 weeks, during which time
this proposal will be refined by public debate, a Call For Votes
will be issued according to Usenet guidelines.

Rob Forster

  | Robert T.D. Forster       | http://www.eng.abdn.ac.uk/~u01rtdf            |
  | Department of Engineering | http://www.eng.abdn.ac.uk/~u01rtdf/MG/mg.html |
  | University of Aberdeen    | Email:  u01rtdf@abdn.ac.uk                    |