diff. questions, MkII

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: diff. questions, MkII
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 3 May 1995 14:33:20 +0500
John Van Valkenburgh asks:

>You did not mention what kind of diff. you have (banjo or tube-type).

Sorry about that.  Yes, this comes out of my '63 so it is of the banjo sort.
 Maybe someone someday can also tell me how the heck it got that name, and
don't tell me because it's shaped like a banjo (unless that is the correct
answer).

I'm starting to think this is indeed a front seal leak.  It seems to have
just suddently appeared and the housing is pretty wet (its not like there is
a puddle or anything, but the housing is oily).  I'd tend to think that the
back gasket would leak both gradually and only a little bit.  Comments?

Will "gee, I'm looking forward to this repair" Zehring